Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Food menu

well, I asked a friend who is from Venezuela what food I must try there for sure. Here is the reply..


1) Sancocho de Pescado: This is a fish stew, just ask the locals where you could have it
2) Empanadas de Cazon: These are fried empanadas stuffed with baby shark. They have them of all kinds of stuffing (black beans, cheese, fish, shredded beef) but cazon is my favorite
3) Cachapas con queso: These are like a corn pancake with a Venezuelan cheese. You need to ask for Queso Guyanes or Queso de Mano
4) Pesacdo Frito (Fried Fish): Just go to any place where they sell fresh fish and ask for Pescado Frito
5) Patacones (Fried Plaintain with cheese and sauce)
6) Arepa de Reina Pepiada: Kind of corn muffing stuffed with avocado and chiken… yummy


Since it contains many spanish words, I might as well just print this out just so to save me from funny moments of me trying to speak spanish.. hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment